Monthly reflection - July 2020
A reflection on my July 2020 of what I have done and achieved.
What did I do? 💻
New articles 📰
- A St-St-Stuttering Developer
- @media (hover: hover) - CSS Media Query
- Focused Creativity - Don't Lose Focus
- An Apprenticeship Interview
Additions and modifications to my website
- Implemented Nuxt Feed so I can have an RSS feed for my blog
- Show my latest article on my homepage
- Added a newsletter signup form
filterquery parameters to my blog - jackdomleo.dev/blog?search=june&filter=career
- New open graph image
Additions and modifications to ellaparsons.design
- Contact form using Formspree
- Avatar background colour animation on hover
Started a newsletter
Using MailChimp, I decided to start a monthly newsletter with updates on my most recent projects and articles and to also share any tools and resources I may have come across. This also required me to create email hosting for my domain name.
Hosted an eBook giveaway event
Created a Twitter bot
- Day 1: JS Drumkit
Project state manager
I've been working on a project (found here) where my focus is on learning Vuex for state management. This project uses some other neat Vue.js libraries such as Vuetify and Vuelidate and is also written with TypeScript.
Played around with the
hover media query
I made the below CodePen and wrote this article.
Read 2 books
- Building an Online Presence by Catalin Pit
- Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS by Ben Frain
- Began recording a course (this takes many, many attempts before a final cut because my stutter seems to ruin it 😅)
- Started writing an eBook
Reached 2000, & 3000, & 4000 followers on Twitter
Matt Edwards wrote a mini LinkedIn article about me
DEV featured my article on Twitter
Packt Publishers tweeted my Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS book review
Danny Thompson reviewed my LinkedIn
(Skip to 26m 06s for my LinkedIn review but the entire video is incredibly useful! 🔥)
I found this review really detailed and thorough and have taken their advice into careful consideration to improve my LinkedIn profile.